“Knowledge is power” so get ready for a one-on-one learning experience from PURA’s subject matter experts about generation supply options available from The United Illuminating Company, Eversource and licensed electric suppliers.
The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) offers free outreach service on the subject of generation supply options and choosing an electric supplier. PURA’s Outreach Team conducts presentations to groups of ten or more in the Eversource or United Illuminating service territories.
The presentation is designed to help consumers make an informed decision about generation supply rates and whether to remain with Eversource or UI Standard Service generation supply or choose a licensed supplier. PURA's Outreach Team covers the following:
- Where to find information about choosing an electric supplier;
- New information on the first page of residential electric bills;
- How to compare generation rates and the opportunity to lower your cost;
- How to enroll with a supplier and the significance of your meter reading date for enrolling;
- Significance of protecting your account information and how to avoid being slammed;
- The renewable energy used to generate Connecticut’s electricity;
- How consumers can help improve the Connecticut supplier market;
- More . . .
For more information or to schedule a presentation contact PURA or speak directly to one of PURA's Outreach Team at 800-382-4586.
The Energize Connecticut Center offers conference and meeting space at no charge. PURA's Outreach Team can present information about choosing a supplier to your group at the Center. For more information about scheduling an event there, email the Center at EnergizeCTCenter@EnergizeCT.com or call 203-799-0460.