Connecticut's Official Rate Board
Contact PURA at 800-382-4586 with questions or complaints
Control your energy bills by finding generation rates that fit your needs. See what else you can do to control your cost!
Choosing the right generation rate is important, but being energy efficient will have a lasting impact - regardless of which supplier(s) you choose in the future.
Find out how easy it is to save energy in your home or business through the Energize CT initiative. Rebates, financing and experts bring you the latest energy saving products at affordable prices.
Not sure where to start? Get an energy checkup. You'll receive about $1,000 in on-the-spot services for $124!
Small Businesses - get a FREE, no-obligation energy assessment with our one-stop service.
Connecticut's Official Generation Supply Rate Board is managed by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA). The Rate Board allows residential and business customers to compare Eversource and UI Standard Service generation rates with those offered by licensed suppliers and registered aggregators.
Switching to a Licensed Generation Supplier
- You are not required to switch – you can remain with Eversource or UI for your generation supply service.
- Regardless of which supplier you choose, Eversource or UI will still deliver your electricity, bill you for service, and respond to power outages. Only Eversource or UI can terminate your service.
- Protect account information like you would your Social Security or credit card numbers.
- Showing your bill to anyone, like during a door-to-door sale, reveals your personal account information.
- Switching your generation service can only occur on your meter read date. Enroll at least ten business days before that date.
Working with an Electric Aggregator
- Electric aggregators gather customers to negotiate a generation rate with suppliers on their behalf.
- Electric aggregators offer an alternative for customers who may wish to have the aggregator shop for you.
- Standard Service is the supply option provided by Eversource and UI.
- Standard Service rates change on January and July 1st and are fixed for six months.
- Contact Eversource or UI directly to be immediately returned to Standard Service.