Take Energy Efficiency To A New Level
Eversource, a proud sponsor of Energize Connecticut, has partnered with Connecticut Passive House to offer Passive House training to support workforce development and help transform the energy efficiency and building construction industries.
Our Passive House training provides up-to-date credentials from the Passive House Institute (PHI) and Passive House Institute US (PHIUS). It also serves as a cost-effective way for business partners to invest in workforce training and professional development. We offer training options that minimize, and in many cases eliminate, the cost burden for participants.
Trade Ally Menu
Passive House refers to the ultimate goal in high-efficiency design: buildings that minimize energy consumption and have added comfort and durability features. Passive House design focuses on robust insulation and air tightness, high-performing glazing, and simplified mechanical systems to achieve significantly lower energy use while creating a comfortable and durable space for inhabitants. PHI and PHIUS established two independent standards and provide certifications for such homes: the PHIUS+ Passive Building standard and the International Passive House standard.
Lunch and Learns
- Target Audience: Architects, builders, contractors, designers, developers, engineers, financing agencies, and municipal officials
- For developers and general contracting firms that need a high-level introduction to Passive House standards, development costs, project delivery, and more
- This 1–2 hour event is presented at no cost to participants and is Continuing Education Unit (CEU)-eligible for Passive House credentials
Building Science Workshops
- Target Audience: Architects, builders, developers, engineers, estimators, general contractors, project teams, and sub-contractors
- Covering building science best practices, quality assurance, and more
- This 2-4 hour training event is offered at no cost to participants and is Continuing Education Unit (CEU)-eligible for Passive House credentials
Passive House Accreditations
- Target Audience: Passive House builders, consultants, designers, raters, tradespeople, and verifiers
- Offer 50% cost reimbursement to participants upon successful completion of certification. Requires submission of reimbursement application.
- Training time varies based on the training course selected.
- Limit two participants per company per training course
We are here to help.
Keep up with the growing demand for high-performance housing and become certified as a Passive House builder, consultant, designer, rater, or verifier. Contact us to get started.