- Heating & Cooling
- Renewable Energy
If you have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and need to defer your loan payments for this program, please contact your electric utility. Eversource customers should call 1-800-286-2000 and UI customers should call 877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873).
If you’re a residential customer of UI, Eversource, CNG, or SCG you could be eligible for low-interest financing for a new energy-efficient heating system. To participate, you must own a single-family home or a multi-family home up to four units, including condos. Vacation homes also qualify.
Financing Amounts and Term
- Financing is available up to $15,000.
- A minimum down payment of 10% of the cost of the replacement heating furnace or boiler equipment is required. The minimum down payment varies by type and efficiency of equipment selected.
- 0.99% interest rate.
- Financing term between 3 to 10 years based on the time it takes for the replacement heating furnace or boiler equipment to pay for itself from energy savings, plus two years. For details visit ctheatloan.com.
- No fees to you or your contractor; no pre-payment penalty.
- Unsecured, fixed-rate financing.
- Payments are made along with your monthly electric bill payments. If the property is sold, the balance may be repaid or may be transferred to the new owner.
To Apply and For More Information:
Visit ctheatloan.com to apply online now and for more details. Or call our lending partner, Capital For Change, Inc. (formerly CHIF), at 1-800-992-3665.
To learn more about your home’s energy usage and efficiency, sign up for Home Energy Solutions®. For a nominal fee, or at no cost for those who qualify, an energy efficiency professional will visit your home and discuss opportunities to save money by improving your home’s energy performance.
For more information call 1-800-992-3665.
If you’re a residential customer of UI, Eversource, CNG, or SCG you could be eligible.
- You must have an Eversource or UI residential electric account at the address where the new equipment is to be installed.
- You must own the property where the new equipment is to be installed.
- You must be current with your electric utility bill and have had either:
- no late payment charges for the most recent six (6) consecutive months or
- no more than two (2) late payment charges for the last twelve (12) consecutive months
- Equipment to be installed must meet ENERGY STAR® or higher ratings for boilers, furnaces and electric heat pumps.
- All work must be completed by Capital For Change registered contractors. To participate, contractors must meet program standards, including proper licenses and insurance.
For More Information:
The program is administered by Capital For Change, Inc. (formerly CHIF). Visit ctheatloan.com or call 1-800-992-3665 for more details or to inquire about your eligibility.
Feel free to call 1-800-992-3665 with any questions.
If you are a Connecticut resident and are not served by one of the utilities listed above, please visit your utility’s website to see what energy efficiency programs are available to you. Please click here for information on how to contact your municipal utility.